Today marks the end of Blogtober. This year I have managed I post daily, which is an improvement on last year. Some things were definitely off the cuff. However, I kept my promise to myself to finish what I started.
Month: October 2022
TBR Jar (Part 3)
21. Over the Garden Wall VOL 1 by Pat McHale
22. Circe by Madeline Miller
23. Spice and Wolf VOL 1 by Isuna Hasekura
24. Esperanza Rising by Pam Muñoz Ryan
25. Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
26. Fever 1793 by Laurie Halse Anderson
27. Firelight by Sophie Jordan
28. Storm Siren by Mary Weber
29. Incarceron by Catherine Fisher
30. Princess of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day George
Social Work History Tid-Bits
Animals had rights prior to child rights. In fact, Animal cruelty laws were used to justify the need for child abuse laws.
Follow this link to a New York Times Article I read in Graduate school to learn more:
Imposter syndrome is very real for young professionals and many social workers. take a deep breath and remember why you came to social work. Take stock of yourself and try to up your self care.
I have got this!
- Gun in my hand Dorothy
- Love/ Hate Heartbreak by Halestorm
- Absolution by The Pretty Reckless
- Castle by Halsey
- You Call me a B*tch like it’s a Bad Thing by Halestorm
- Cut the Cord by Shinedown
- Follow Me Down by The Pretty Reckless
- I am Machine by Three Days Grace
My inner Punk Rocking Goth loved putting together this list, I hope you all enjoy as well!
Embracing the Witch
I am learning to embrace the title of witch. I am a witch. It means many things to different people but to me it means, those who live at the edges of society, those who are misunderstood, those who fight for the weak and do what is right even if it is not what is easy. Society has long feared what they do not understand. People fear what they do not understand or things that do not fill the mold they are used to. I am not usual, a social worker, social justice warrior, PCOS warrior, I believe in health at every size, and equity.
Witch Books to Haul
- The Witch Boy by Molly Ostertag
- Wicked by Gregory Maguire
- The Nature of Witches by Rachel Griffin
- W.I.T.C.H. Graphic Novel by Elisabetta Gnone
Student Loan Debt Relief
1 Week left to submit employment certifications!! Don’t forget!
TBR Jar (Part 2)
- The Never King by Nikki St Crowe
- Crave by Tracy Wolff
- Hooked by Emily McIntire
- Straight on Til Morning by Liz Braswell
- Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien
- Ritualist by Dakota Krout
- Teen Titans: Raven by Kami Garcia
- Rise of the Weakest Summoner by J R Saileri
- A Soul to Keep The Duskwalkers Bride by Opal Reyne
- The Last Beautiful Girl by Nina Laurin
Books to add to my TBR Jar (Part 1)
I have been wanting to make a TBR jar for myself for a while. I would prefer books I already own or have access to, but in general I will be posting what I hope with be (at least) a three part series on some of the reads I would place in a TBR jar.
- The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley
- Emma by Jane Austen
- Prey by Stephen Cole
- Thieves Like us by Stephen Cole
- Moon Called by Patricia Briggs
- Fallen by Lauren Kate
- Irma Voth by Miriam Toews
- Blue Pills by Armand Vespertine
- Awaken Online by Travis Bagwell
- Magical Creature Academy by Lucia Ashta