Sarah the social worker here to remind you to keep practicing self care!
This comes as a huge reminder for myself as well. I am seeing my family in person this holiday season for the first time in two years. I have made boundaries because my family can be toxic at the best of times and the equivalent of a black hole at the worst of times. To top things off they will be meeting my partner for the first time. That being said I am amping up the self care.
- Drink lots of water
- Eat regular meals
- Take all my medications daily and on time
- Be patient with myself- not everything will be perfect and that is okay.
- Go to regular therapy- I have not been to therapy in over year but it is time to start again
- Remember that what people think I am is not who I am- Honor myself and my beliefs above all else
- It is okay to not be okay!
Love and light to all,
Sarah the Social Worker