With the world being so crazy right now, I find the need to take some time to find a sense of calm and peace while the storms continue to rage outside, and inside my head.
I find my thoughts move faster than sound, and my anxieties are heightened.
Sometimes, finding the right method is the key to keeping myself sane. I compiled a list of things that help me find calm in the hopes they may help you, too.
- Spend time with my pets. Cuddle or playtime, it is always a great boost for my mental health.
- Read a book that has nothing to do with reality so I can get lost. I love getting lost in the Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini. Those books got me through many internal storms.
- Listen to music and really digest the words, not just listening to sing along.
- Talk to a friend. Right now Skype, messenger, or a text are all I can do due to social distancing but it’s enough.
- Take a nap. Sometimes I don’t sleep well at night because I am anxious so a nap is just what I need.
What are some ways you are using to find peace or calmness? Let me know in the comments!